feeling the love

I always knew knitters were good souls. I knew they were a generous bunch. And when I was feeling low last week, I knew I could turn to some tried-and-true bloggers, who’ve known me from almost the very start, for some sympathy, emails, and more people to gmail chat with if I needed.

I didn’t expect the amazing responses I’ve gotten–from thoughtful suggestions for what to knit, to taking the time to share personal stories with me, and now? Sending me care packages!!

Laura, knitter over at Stream of Consciousness and editor extraordinaire, gave me THIS:

gifted with koigu!

Two skeins of Koigu KPPPM, featuring greens and browns–maybe a little bit mint-chocolatey, hmmm? The card is a sweet little Hello Kitty card.

chocolates

Three different kinds of chocolates–featuring a lot of almonds, which I adore, and delicious dark chocolate. Back when I filled out that 48 things you didn’t want to know, it asked about favorite flavors, and I totally neglected my beloved almond!

Gosh, Laura, thank you so so, so so much. I’ll definitely knit something special out of this yarn. Care packages really deliver on their name: you feel so cared for!

(I feel in the interest of not playing favorites, I should say publicly that my old coworkers sent me a care package last week. It featured next to no knitting content (though they did give me a copy of Subversive Cross Stitch), which is why I didn’t post about it. It sure made me laugh, though–it was as if someone walked down the hall saying, “Let’s cheer Erin up!” and they all grabbed whatever was handy to send me. I got plastic toys (some I recognized from people’s desks), copies of funny resumes, and even some allergy medication. Oh, also last week one friend sent a cute bouquet, and another Godiva chocolates! All the love fills my heart to bursting, everyone.)

I leave you with another shot of lights on trees. I found this whole courtyard full of them and made a special detour, despite the freezing, windy weather, to snap some shots tonight.

tis the season of light

Thanks for all the comments on the last post! The spam is back under control. But keep commenting!!!

13 Responses to feeling the love

It’s so true that it could be a fortune cookie: “She who sends Koigu is a good friend indeed.”

Love the trees. Love New York at Christmas. Sigh.

2. Jennie says:

New York is an amazing place over Christmas. I used to love it (I lived in NY when I graduated from college)… the lights, the bustle of shoppers, the crispness in the air… the lights on those trees are incredible!

It’s heartwarming to know there are so many people out there to cheer a girl up — the “blogosphere” is an amazing place (and knitters are amazing people!). You’ve been in my thoughts recently, although I’ve been the worst at replying to comments on my blog. I’m glad to hear things are starting to look up (funny turn of phrase, given the view from your new office — yikes!)

3. natalie says:

Those trees – I’m so jealous. All we have are palm trees with lights wrapped around them. Ugh.

Thanks for sharing the pretty pictures, and the cool ones of the taxis going by. :)

4. Meg says:

I reckon the trees are feeling as cared for as you are. I remember the Elby’s Family Restaurant in my home town used to be the only place in town that decorated the trees like that – it used to fascinate me!

Ooh, mint chocolate socks — fun! What a nice care package. That Laura isn’t half bad, is she?

Your whole office is moving across the street? I hope you like your new digs.

6. gleek says:

care packages are the bestest! it’s nice when someone shows that they care :) great colors on that koigu. you’re a lucky girl!

by the way, were the spammers actually getting into your comments on the site? i see that you have the captcha on your comment field so i’m surprised that they got past that!

7. Olga says:

It’s great to know that you’re so cared for (and that your co-workers miss you…they sound like a great bunch). I love that view from your office! Right now the view from my office it the window next to my kitchen table, looking out into the alley. :-) Ah well, it could be worse.