I have a single sock to show for Socktober! I’m deeming this project done.
Embossed Leaves Sock
Pattern: Interweave Knits, Winter 2005
Needles: Addi Turbo 2.25mm
Yarn: Claudia Handpainted
Modifications: I made it bigger, to accommodate a larger size foot–not mine, but the ultimate recipient of these socks, who will knit the matching one. Lucky girl is going to have to interpret my notes to make it larger! I promise to write it out clearly. I added 8 stitches total (2 per repeat) and made a line of knits within the 5 purls that separate the leaves. I kind of love the wandering path it takes, and I think if I were to knit these for myself someday, I’d keep that feature even in the 3-purl zone.
It required a little bit of fiddly work at the heel and the toe, but I think it works! When I first knit them, I was concerned that the added circumference would mean I had to make them shorter, so I made the leg shorter, but when I got to the toe I realized there was too much yarn leftover. So I took it out to above the heel, made the leg the pattern-specified length, and reknit the whole foot yesterday and today. Now the leftover yarn is respectable. I mean, if this pattern were toe-up, as I believe all socks should be, there wouldn’t be nearly this much remaining, but it’s not bad at all. Not bad at all.