Today, I delved into the world of quilting. Two log cabin squares in aquas and reds, made to be “wonky” (a true challenge for me).
I’ve done one log cabin square before, but it was the epitome of precision: each band was 1″ wide, exactly, all the way around, without fail. I didn’t expect it to come out that way, but I’m someone who tends to the exact. For this I was aiming to make it more “free-form,” and though it required careful planning, I think I managed it! The true surprise was how much they look alike—the first was done and not within sight while I sewed the second, and yet I have wide bands in the same fabrics and the placement of the fabrics is really quite similar. Oh well, so much for “random”!