I finished the legwarmers last night. And I’ve been wearing them all day—even out to the 10:00 showing of a movie (Syriana) last night. My legs were comfy and warm, and no one was the wiser. So though I said I was probably never going to wear these other than to yoga, I discovered that they fit just fine under my boot cut jeans, and I can see myself wearing them all the time. Walking around with them on, I wonder how I ever survived without them. My boyfriend, who actually didn’t laugh or point, but merely said, “Those are kind of ridiculous,” (which I totally agree with) asked if I’ve ever really felt my ankles were cold. The answer to that is YES, making legwarmers the Best. Thing. Ever. I highly recommend.
- 2 skeins of Manos del Uruguay. They were a gift years ago from a friend.
- US size 3 needles.
- Knit one of them flat, the other in the round using Magic Loop. (Considering redoing the first in the round.)
- Brioche stitch, as taken from Barbara Walker’s Treasury of Knitting Patterns (volume 1).
- 40 stitches around, 75 rows long.
- Bound off using size 9 needle to keep the edge from being too tight.
- Got to use the felted join again a few times, to cut out particularly thin spots and reattach the yarn. Always a joy.
I’m already mentally preparing for another pair. These are great for wearing around, but might be a bit too bulky for yoga.