I’m still too shy to pull out the camera. Can you believe it!? Me, the woman who brazenly takes pictures of the back of people while walking down the street can’t bring herself to pull the knitting out in her cube and snap a shot. Or to go outside onto the street and do the same. I’ll get over it soon enough, I promise, but in the meantime, some random things you don’t need to know about me:
- FIRST NAME?
- WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I was given this name because of The Waltons. That is, my parents hadn’t known the name before the show became popular. I’ve asked the parents of other Erins my age (there are a lot of us), and they’ve admitted a Waltons influence, as well.
- WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
Um, a little bit at dinner with a friend tonight. I’m going through an emotional time, what can I say? And also? I hate to say it, but I’m a crier. People who know me pretty well are often surprised to learn this–I have a cynical, gruff exterior, I guess.
- DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Yes, I have very nice handwriting.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT?
Turkey. But it has to be like “real” turkey–kind of dry, definitely not slimy, as some turkey lunchmeat can be.
- IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes, I am a very good friend.
- DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
You’re reading it.
- DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
- WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
In a heartbeat.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
- DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No. I do untie them before I put them on, most times.
- DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Yes. For my size, I’m decently strong physically, and despite the crying (see above), I think I’m pretty strong emotionally as well as personality-wise.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
- SHOE SIZE?
7 or 7.5
- RED OR PINK?
- WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I can be way too competitive, and it alienates people.
- WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Right now? The boy.
- DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Post your own answers on your blog and make a comment here!
- WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Sort of a stone-brown pair of slacks, a grassy green shirt, and dark brown leather boots.
- LAST THING YOU ATE?
A (sadly tasteless) flan.
- WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
NYC traffic, the hum of the fridge, and the sounds of people in my friend’s apartment building.
- IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
I have no idea how to answer this. I was always a fan of Midnight Blue as a child, but that was more for the name than anything.
- FAVORITE SMELL?
Chicken roasting with rosemary, thyme, onions, garlic, etc.
- WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
- THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
Their whole body–build, face, etc.
- DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM?
- FAVORITE DRINK?
I really really really like Coke. I don’t drink it very often but I will sometimes have one as a reward after a hard day. Really, my favorite is Cherry Coke.
- FAVORITE SPORT?
I enjoy pro football, to watch on TV. I know a lot about distance running (but I do not run). I am, randomly, a good bowler.
- EYE COLOR?
- HAT SIZE?
No clue. Normal-sized for my height.
- DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
- FAVORITE FOOD?
- SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I really don’t like scary movies.
- SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter, no question.
- HUGS OR KISSES?
- FAVORITE DESSERT?
Flan (when flavorful). Minty things (when not flan).
- WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
George Saunders’s Pastoralia. Various books for work.
- WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
- WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Didn’t watch TV last night. Would have watched America’s Next Top Model if I’d been in at the time.
- FAVORITE SOUNDS?
I’ve never thought about this before. I do like the gurgly noises of a coffee maker. I like when a violin bow is drawn forcefully, almost harshly, against the strings. I like when songs have little plinky digital sounds in the background–beeps and bops and such.
- ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES?
- THE FARTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME?
When I lived in Taiwan, the farthest we went was back to the States. A year and a half ago, I went back to Taiwan for the first time since living there, so that was the farthest from home. Basically, halfway across the world is the farthest I’ve ever been (heck, it’s the farthest you can ever go!)
- WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
What ISN’T my special talent?
- WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
- WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
I got it from Maryse.