*poof*, i have a hat

You know how sometimes you just suddenly want something new—a diversion, an idle fancy, a fling—and before you know it you’ve gone and done it?

i knitted a hat! (by mintyfreshflavor)

Last night I got the urge to cast on with this Manos that has been in my stash forever. And tonight I finished a simple watchcap that I’m now in love with. I had a recipient in mind, but seeing as how I’m sitting in my roasting hot apartment still wearing it, I may have some trouble parting with it.

2×2 hat
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay
Color: 105
Skeins: 1
Needles: US 8
Cast on 108, knit for just over 5 inches, then started decreasing. Did in multiples of 12 to start, and worked a blank row (no decreasing) between decrease rows until there were 5 stitches between decreases. Then I picked up the pace and decreased every round, til there were 9 stitches. Drew through, and called this baby finito.

25 Responses to *poof*, i have a hat

1. misplacedpom says:

Cute hat! You know there’s plenty more Manos where that came from…

I’m trying to do this but I’m stalling out. I want mittens, I just don’t know which mittens!

2. mai says:

it’s super cute and simple! why can’t i ever cast on for a hat and just finish it? for some reason i always take forever when knitting hats :(

3. leo says:

Your hat is soooooo cute I want to knit a hat!!! I am feeling very whiny and all I have is this stupid torn out blanket to keep me company.

4. Stephone says:

ahhh, I am getting an urge to cast on a new hat now. Sadly, that would require me to buy more yarn. tough oh a college student’s budget.

5. Janet says:

Love, love, love it! Also, love the mitts you made for Doggedknits. Want to knit them! Pattern available soon, please??

6. Courtney says:

Oh I so know what you mean. I just knit a cowl with a recipient in mind and I was so proud for using stash yarn ( a leftover half ball of Malabrigo) I know she would love it….might need to go buy more Malabrigo ;)

7. Betty in Texas says:

now that’s what knitting is all about. yarn you love…pattern you create on the needles…hat on your head. and it really LOOKS GOOD, too!! Is there more to life? ;-D
    maybe a glass of wine to celebrate with a friend?