Last night the boy and I went over the list of hats I’ve made him. We can account for 5 (I wonder if there was one other, he is adamant there was not). Only one is extant. I hope that the various others that were left on Septa trains found their way to those who needed some warmth.
I essentially finished the newest hat a few hours ago. It was still on the needles, he tried it on, and it was officially too snug. He wants a little more room. OK, I understand that. I’d measured his head and left some give, but he wanted more. So I took it out.
I hadn’t quite realized how much of a serial knitter (that is, knitting one project at a time) I am until I just got all sorts of excited about doing the Cover Your Head hatalong and Jaax and I agreed to knit our toe-up socks together. This will mean 3 truly active projects (the USMP is done being knitted, but still needs to be blocked and seamed and button-ed, so it’s not an FO but it’s not currently on the needles), and I’m finding that it makes me a little panicky.